Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Follow the Yellow Brick Road
My friend, Jackie Allen, is retiring June 30. She plans to sleep for months and then wants to go to Kansas, her home state, for a long visit. As we are searching for a theme for her farewell/retirement party, what else could we choose but "The Wizard of Oz." But I need help finding stuff to decorate with and to do the walls which all need to be cheap! We will assign Public Works to make up a street sign that says Yellow Brick Road. Any ideas or places to look for cheap stuff or does anyone have anything to loan? Help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yellow table cover comes to mind for a road or walls. I have red glitter if you want to make some blingy shoes. I'll have to think about other things. We can bring Tsunami over!
I think we will pass at Tsunami - we can buy a stuffed one. We thought about the shoes - you can buy them but they are pricey.I think I will check Goodwill for a pair in her size and do glitter or sequins.
Hey you could use that yellow dress that I wore one year for halloween and have someone be the Ga-linda the good witch.
Post a Comment