Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Calendar

Today is election day but no matter who gets elected, we will have Thanksgiving and Christmas and, of course, needy families. I got several calls yesterday and expect that to continue. Applications are being snatched up at City Hall, so we can expect a goodly number of needy.
OK, it is time to get serious with our planning. Most of this is not etched in stone, so feel free to make suggestions!
November:
19 - Missy's birthday
21 - Shirley's birthday
24 - Mandie's Birthday
26 - Disney on Ice at FW Convention Center (family picture?)
27 - Thanksgiving - when do you want to eat? I need feedback! Cowboys lose again this day so that is not a scheduling concern!
December:
1 - Ginny begins decorating for Nativity
Shirley meets with Celebration Committee to decorate Community Center
4 - Nativity opens in the evening
5 - Melinda's birthday
Shirley taking Mitch, Connie, Mitch's sister and niece to Nativity and maybe some senior citizens
6 - Needy family interviews 9 to 11 a.m. at Community Center (Damaris is trying to get off to help translate)
Tree Lighting with movie snow and maybe fireworks, 6 to 9 p.m. Hopefully Ward Choir will sing.
7 - John's Birthday. Sunday Nativity. Anyone want to visit? First Presidency Broadcast at 7 p.m.
8 - Nativity breakdown. Ginny needs help.
17 - evening - move toys from Action Group room to Church
18 - gather canned goods from schools and Super 1. (Gary will spearhead.) Organize and work on needy families. Tiffany will be there all day. Suzy and Paul are trying to arrange their schedules to be off. Some will come later in the day.
19 - Needy family work day starting after 1 p.m. (Shirley and Connie have city employee lunch at 11:30 a.m.
20 - Distribute to needy families 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Move leftovers to Shelby store room.
23 - Family Christmas at Church. Time TBA. Finish up at Grandma's with desserts and stockings.
OK, what did I leave off? Let's hear some feedback TODAY!

4 comments:

randivon said...

I will find people to help watch the kiddos so I can come help with Nativity. I think CJ is done with work on the 19th of December so he can help with stuff after that point. All of it sounds great.
And, to add one more to the mix, CJ and Gideon's accapella group will be singing at Nativity on Saturday night. I am not sure of the time right now but I thought I would pass that on.

randivon said...

I meant find sitters so I can help with action group... but I will find sitters so I can help with Nativity too. :-)

Damaris said...

I got off Dec. 6 to help with the interviews, also getting off early the 17/18, off the 19th, and the 20th I have to work. So count me in those days.

Damaris said...

and that should not change with if i change jobs!