
I talked to mom on the phone last night and her and Papaw were looking for a place to eat dinner. They had a fun day settling into the lodge and took a look at the river where Paw hopes to catch a bunch of fish. There is a family staying in the same lodge and the wife works for the State Department in Washington for Ireland. Mom only got to talk to her husband and her little boy, and they were super cautious about explaining what all she actually does for a living. Mom thinks that after a few days she'll be able to dig a little deeper. So after not finding the restaurant they originally had planned to go, they ended up going to the ONLY Dairy Queen in Alaska. I know, I didn't believe her either, but she said that is what everyone there says. There's no Dairy Queen in any of the cities she has been until now. I'm sure it won't be the only time they go there. As we were getting off the phone, she was walking in and said that the DQ looked like it was half of an airplane hanger or something like that. She promised to take pictures because she kept laughing.
We'll have more updates as she calls to check in!
No comments:
Post a Comment