Hi guys! Last Saturday, we had our first Ward Dinner Groups dinner at the Rowe's house. It was a lot of fun with swimming and lots of chit-chat. Tommy had a lot of fun, but he got a little too adventurous and fell down the stairs! He's fine, just a bruise on his bottom where he fell on his toy. To make matters worse, Anna was trying to get a toy from the pool when she fell in, fully clothed and head first! It was a little scary for me and Danny, and REALLY scary for her! There were 6 adults by the pool, so she was in no danger of drowning. She didn't sink to the bottom, though, she fought hard and so it was easy for me to grab her arm and pull her out. It took a long time for her to recover from that, but after she did, she said she wanted to go back to the Rowe's as soon as we could so she could go swimming again. I'm glad that she is not afraid of the water after that! She also went to the doctor today for a check-up and got 4 shots. She was a trooper and screamed through it. Tommy started crying when Anna did. I think he felt her pain. After it was over, she stopped crying almost immediately and walked with the nurse to the treat station, and all was well.
I am still looking for a baby-sitter for my kids. I think this is just one of my trials that I have to suffer through. I have found a baby-sitter in Carrollton, one in Melissa (15 min. north of my house), 2 in Wylie, and NONE in McKinney! There's a sister in my ward who is interested in watching the kids, but not until December! Sigh...
I hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to hearing from everyone!
Monday, August 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment