
This picture was taken about 1924 and includes Pappaw Marion Maserang (highlighted in the front) and many that I do not know. However, I do know that the man with suspenders behind Pappaw is Leo Maserang (Marion’s grandfather) and next to him with her hair up and a scowl on her face is Effie Nora Maserang. The young boy in her lap must be Leo Maserang Jr. who was 2 1/2 years younger that Pappaw (born in December, 1922). The little girl in a bonnet next to Pappaw is his sister, Martha. In the very back row, on the right, are Mary Lou and Johnnie Maserang, Pappaw’s parents. You will notice that Gary, Mike and James all favor Johnnie. I also think Tommy Najera looks a little like Pappaw did as a boy with that impish face! I am sorry that we did not find this picture before Pappaw died. He could have identified many of these people. I will call our cousin, Anna Lee, and see if I can send her a copy and have her ID as many as possible. She is well into her 90s, so I am not sure how that will work, but I will try.
No comments:
Post a Comment