Wednesday, August 29, 2007

China Itinerary

Leave August 30 - 8:27 a.m. arrive San F 10:05 a.m.
Leave August 30 - 2:50 p.m. arrive Beijing 5:35 p.m. August 31 (time difference)
staying at Jiangxi Hotel
September 1 Tours
September 2 Tours; Peking Duck Dinner
September 3 Tours; Travel to Ji’nan by train 1:30 to 6 p.m. Stay at Litian Hotel
September 4 Tours; Travel to Tai’an by motor coach. Tours. Stay at Taishan International Hotel
September 5 Tours
September 6 Travel to Qufu by motor coach, tours. Travel to Shanghai by overnight train departing at 8:17 p.m. (Sounds like an old Humphrey Bogart movie)
September 7 Arrive Shanghai at 4:50 a.m. (WOW) Tours and acrobatic show. Harbour Hotel
September 8 Travel to Suzhou by motor coach, tours. Return to Shanghai, Harbour Hotel
September 9 Tour and FREE afternoon (I smell shopping). Dinner not included - maybe McD’s?
September 10 Depart Shanghai at 12:05 p.m. on Air China with brief stop in Beijing (1:50 to 4 p.m.) (looks like a shop-stop to me) Arrive San F same day at 12:40 p.m.
Leave at 6:25 p.m. arrive at DFW 11:43 p.m. (Who wants to stay up really late? If no takers, I’ll have the shuttle take me home. I think it is about $25 but I will check with Paul)
September 11 Collapse!
Time difference is like this:10 a.m. FW is 11 p.m. next day in China (Can we ever get this straight?)
6 p.m. FW is 8 a.m. in China next day
10 p.m. FW is 12 noon next day in China
I will do what I can with e-mail and maybe can get a call from here. It costs $1 a minute to phone to the US from China. I will let y’all know more as I learn.
Take care of yourselves. I love you ALL!

No comments: