Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back from Alaska!




I know several of you have been already, but I totally loved Alaska and am already anxious to save up for a second trip! Here are a few of my favorite pics from the trip.

We started the trip in Victoria, BC, and despite Jared's cheery expression really enjoyed the tour of Buchart Gardens. In Ketchikan we hiked a mile up the mountain (1,500 feet elevation) and got a great view of the bay. We took a helicopter tour in Skagway and landed on and walked around on a glacier--definitely the trip's highlight.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm a little jealous that you got such a wonderful break from this Texas heat!

randivon said...

Those are great pictures... it looks beautiful up there. Can you wait about five years so CJ and I can go with you??

randivon said...

All I can think when I look at those pictures is that while I've seen dad without his beard, I've NEVER seen him in a wilderness setting without one. Weird.

randivon said...

That was CJ.

Ginny said...

Okay Melinda, it only took me 29 years of being married to get this kind of a trip--I think you still have about 20 to wait!

And yes, I'm glad I had a week to get used to the no-beard look again. He would wake up every morning and say, "Ugh, I have to shave."